Wednesday, September 02, 2009

September

I love this month.  

The crowds are gone, but the sea is still 26 degrees C (about 78 degrees F) and the air is warm with little humidity. I can actually go down to the village for a caffè and find a seat.  I'm allowed to drive into Lerici without some "vigile" telling me I can't  (even if I do have a residence pass). There is SPACE between bodies on the beach.  La Spezia comes back alive and I can return to my weekly trip to the outdoor market.  

It's a wonderful thing!


And the best time to visit the Italian Riviera...

5 comments:

cathi said...

I can't wait to visit...but until then I'll live thru your beautiful pictures and posts!

Saretta said...

I'm glad life is getting easier for you!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

sounds like heaven.

it's still blazing hot down here. sigh.

Anonymous said...

Megan, thank you for your beautiful photos and stories of Italia!! Although I don't often post, I check in frequently for my Italian fix. Last September, it was my birthday, we stayed at Fattoria Tregole the same weekend you were there with your friends! I remember it often. Ciao to Luigi, Alessandro, Paolo and your friend from Toronto, sorry I can't remember her name... thanks for a place I can come to, to take me back. Valorie

nan mc said...

Buon Viaggio, Megan! Hope your trip is pieno di relax. :)