Monday, September 21, 2009

Eating Well in Puglia: Da Tuccino

If you are a fish lover like me, this restaurant should not be missed when visiting Puglia.  While it may not be anything fancy to look at, the range and quality of the dishes plus wonderful service makes this a very special place.  I was a bit glutunous here, because there was so much selection and so many good looking fish, I had to try a bit of everything!

First antipasto: a "Special Claire" oyster.  
I don't like oysters but this was delish!


Second antipasto: 
Mixed raw fruits of the sea...heaven!


Third antipasto: Raw Scorfano.  
This is a very boney fish and there was not one left when the surgeon, 
I mean, chef finished filleting it. Divine!


Main course: Fritto Misto.  
I know, sounds boring after all my exotic dishes, but they claimed to have the best around and me being very picky about fried food, decided to give it a try.  So lightly doe that there was basically no oil, just fabulous flavors!


Dessert: A very nice chocolate souffle.  
Probably prettier than it tasted, but I wasn't there for the sweets!

Da Tuccino is located on the shore at 
Polignano a Mare (itself worth a visit).
Via S. Caterina 69/F
70044 Polignano a Mare (BA)
Tel: 080 424 1560

2 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi Megan all looks so tasty, but Fritto Misto is one of my favourites..we had this when we visited Noli..lovely place, where all the italians were lunching too!! The place wasn't much to look at, we always try and eat where the locals are!!

Peter @ italyMONDO! said...

This sounds like heaven for me!