Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Garden

It's pretty big actually.  In fact, maybe too big for this novice green thumb.  But I am determined to make it look pretty this year.  

I planted some lavender, rosemary, roses and azaleas, all which should cover what was once a vast waste land of dirt (and Lucy's sanctuary from the hot pavement, sorry Lu!).  

This is just one spot, the smallest part of the yard.  (The rest will be a challenge!)  But I am hoping I'll have new photos of a robust growing garden in about a month. Stay tuned...


P.S. It hailed on my new plants this morning, I hope they survive!

3 comments:

'A Tuscan view.....from Umbria' said...

Your plot looks lovely already, all we have is rubble! I love your choice of plants and pretty soon it will look like a beautiful courtyard garden. We have snow here at the moment so lavender and roses seem like a long way off. Thanks for the link I will return the favour. Ciao Amanda

Cherrye said...

oh, no...it was nasty here the other day, too. We had hail on Monday, actually!

Good luck with your garden! I LOVE having a garden, but am not very good at maintaining it. I had a itty bitty flower bed at my apt in Texas - lantanas were GREAT for me!!

Unknown said...

Hi Megan, I don't know if you remember me, I stayed in the same house in Firenze in march 2004, broke my foot... I was curious how you were doing. Congratulations on realizing such a big part of your plan. When you open your B&B maybe I'll come visit some day. Ciao