Saturday, March 27, 2010

Calamari and Me,

Round Three!



Another simple and delicious recipe starring one of my favorite foods from the sea:


1/2 kilo of calamari (cleaned and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces

250 grams of cooked cannellini beans

8-10 cherry tomatoes

1/2 red onion

3 springs of rosemary

1 garlic clove

teaspoon of salt

peperoncino to taste

olive oil


Mince the onion, rosemary and garlic together.



Add the mixture, olive oil, salt and peperoncino to a sauté pan. Let them heat and simmer for about 2 minute. Add the calamari pieces and coat well. After a minute or so, add the tomatoes and simmer another 2 minutes. Add the beans and stir, coating it all well and cook for another 2-3 minutes.


And there you have it. Serve it with some good bread (or focaccia) to soak up the juices and you have a wonderful and healthy meal for two.



Buona Appetito!

3 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Oh what are you trying to do to me :-)

I would have to find someone to share this with.. hubby would not eat it .. :-(

Anonymous said...

Ciao Megan,

It's a couple of months I discovered the blog word and I'm following your interesting blog. I copied your previous recipe of Calamari and they went out fine.
My daughter appreciated. ( I copied a lot of recipes from Blogs)
I think I will consider even your suggestion of 1 week in Lerici.Unfortunately, I will never afford the renting of your beautiful villas but thanks to your blog I will go to Lerici one day. Living in Turin we prefer to go to the other side and after years of Pietra Ligure I'm little fed up....

Keep on writing and Ciao

Riccardo

Thank you

Keto Recipes said...

Grrateful for sharing this