Saturday, May 02, 2009

"Secrets from my Tuscan Kitchen"

One of the fun things we did while in the Chianti region last weekend was to attend the Diva's book signing in Panzano.   Judy Witts Francini has been living in Italy for the past 25 years and her market tour & cooking classes were on many travelers' "must do and see" list for years. Last year, Judy decided to "retire" from the cooking lesson world to focus on her writing and culinary tours.  This gave her the time to put together this wonderful book of Tuscan recipes. The book is not only filled with fun and easy recipes, but just the way she made it makes it special: she created her own "handwriting" font, has left the left side of each page for your own notes and it has received the Tuscan Husband Seal of Approval (her husband Andrea has been her very lucky "guinea pig"!).

Three years ago, I had the opportunity to work with Judy as she needed assistance with one of her Chianti tours.  I was amazed, even awe struck at times, over her in-depth knowledge of the local cuisine but also the history and the charming folklore of Tuscany.  She became a sort of "hero" of mine - and I am proud to call her my friend.  

I am especially happy today to be able to let everyone know this is a fabulous little cookbook! And with Mother's Day right around the corner, I think this is the perfect gift for kitchen loving momsYou can buy "Secrets from my Tuscan Kitchen" by Judy Witts Francini on her web site: Divina Cucina.  

"Everyone Should Try Being Italian...at least once a year!"
- Judy Witts Francini

1 comment:

Arnaldo said...

Dear Megane,

My name is Arnaldo and I am an Italian teacher of "www.arnix.it", a website where we offer online Italian courses.

I'm contacting you because I have visited your nice blog and I'm wondering to know if you could be interested in exchanging a link and
a little note about arnix.it in your site, with 1 free private lessons in Italian, for you or someone else of your staff or family.

A few information about us:
Our organization was created about 3 years ago, by a team of experienced Italian teachers.
We offer free classes for all who want to become familiar with the Italian language, just for fun, but we also do offer
standard classes and private lesson for all who wish to learn Italian seriously and methodically.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and feel free to contact us for any question you may need.

Kind regards

Arnaldo