Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Random (and somewhat unimportant) Thoughts of the Day...

1) Berlusconi has been made Prime Minister of Italy for the 3rd time.  Hmmmm, guess this really is the essence behind the sayings "Third time's the charm" or "Three strikes, you're out". Let's hope the former for Italy's sake.

2) It did not rain today.  A miracle.  But it's cold.  A bummer.  It's suppose to rain again by Thursday.  An "incubo".  When will it end???

3) I had my hair done today at a place that nearly ripped my hair out 3 years ago.  Why go again? They did the color really well and my husband convinced me to give it another try (wonder if they're playing him under the table?).  Truth is, hair looks great, but the torture contraptions they use are still here.  Has anyone out there had their highlighted at a Maurizio Serretti salon where they use these plastic clips things to pull (and I mean pull) your hair through? Then they leave them on for 30 minutes and your head is about to fall off.  Guess this is the essence of "No pain, no gain."  What was I thinking?

4) Someone asked me today if the Cinque Terre was in Rome or Venice.  They also asked me if there was a MacDonald's there.  I'm serious.

5) Montalbano is on TV tonight.  Love it, addicted and makes me want to move to Sicily (even if the stories are crime ridden).  Wanted to include a link, but could not find one (sad face).

6) I heard one of my favorite songs today on the radio and it's been stuck in my head ever since, so I've decided to share the video with you all.  Not to mention, he's not bad to look at either. 




7) Tonight is mexican food night...I'm making huevos rancheros...ole!

Buona serata tutti...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum. What time should I be there??

Lucia said...

I love Mexican Food yummy, yes what time? I won't make it...made for left overs! Francesco looks kinda like Donny Osmond but with lots of hair. I love lots of hair on a man...yes....okay, gotta go.

Lucia said...

P.S. on their heads, not their bodies I meant...lol;)

Megan in Liguria said...

Oh the huevos were good, Cherrye. All that were missing were your blood red orange margheritas! Mom arrives in two weeks and that is one of the "new recipes" at the top of my list! :)